Monday, September 12, 2011

passport picture of my dad

I look at his picture and I see hope and great expectations. He had so little in Ireland.  He always told me that the people  told him you will find
streets in American paved in gold! Dad always had a sense of adventure and fun.  He always loved a good joke or laugh.  He had an easy disposition but
would not back down from a fight either. He LOVED horses and taking chances. He was an optimist so he  always believed that things were "half full".  He never met a stranger and would "light up a room" with his presence. He was bigger than life to my sister and me.  We were lucky to have  had him until we were in our late thirties...but we still miss him.  He got to meet his grandchildren and that is a blessing.  He taught us so much on what it meant to be Irish and which I'll share in future blogs. Just thought you'd like to see his photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment