Monday, September 5, 2011

Irish Soda Bread

Made Irish Soda Bread today with my oldest grand daughter, Dunovan.  She is nine and loves to bake.  The other younger grandchildren were here but that soon proved to be a total disaster  with them so I concentrated on Dunovan. She copied the recipe onto a piece of paper.  She is keeping her "recipes" together.
She misspelled a couple of the words as she copied it but I didn't say anything.
I wonder if she will keep these and how fun it will be to look back at them when she
is older.  The good news is that it came out GREAT. I had the oven nice and hot when she came over so after mixing everything together (the liquids and the drys),  we popped it into the oven at 360 for one hour.  Not sure if I mentioned how long to bake in my last post but if the oven is good and hot, then one hour would be perfect esp if baked in the lower part of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment