Monday, August 22, 2011

back to school

one of my little traditions is to make Irish Soda Bread for the kids when they
go back to school.  In my next blog, I'll include the recipe.  This year however
will be even better because my oldest grandchild will be invited to join in.
She is nine....I hate to invite the 5 and 6 year olds because it is all about flour here and flour there. This time, though, I'll have some jam that I received as
a gift from one of my cousins in Ireland.  I've treated it like "gold" because they made the black currant jam from the same bushes my grandmother used
over l00 years ago...that little ol blackberry is still producing delicious berries year after year...isn't that just the best?  Of course, they will be asked to use it "sparingly".

No comments:

Post a Comment