Tuesday, November 22, 2011

You Just Never Know!

Last weekend, my husband Bill and I took the three grandkids to the Irish
Heritage Center for what they call the Shamrock Kids Club.  They had
a nice Thanksgiving dinner and crafts.  All was going well and then it
was over.  We were on our way home when I remembered that they have
set dancing with the seniors every Friday night at 8pm. So, I thought I'd
just show the kids what it was all about.  They watched very intently then
one of the seniors asked me to join in.  I thought maybe I should show the kids how it
went...and guess what...they joined in too!! Couldn't believe it...I was
thrilled.  I had so wanted them to learn how to do Irish set dancing  but thought they would be
too shy and not knowing how to do the dances, would just say "no".  They
totally surprised me and now they
can't wait to go again!! They thought it was fun! Talk about a WIN for granny!

1 comment:

  1. www.irish-american.org Irish Heritage Club in Chicago is so fantastic! Love the way they are keeping the Irish Heritage alive with the Set Dancing and Irish Shamrock kids club!

    ReplyDelete